How to Recover Deleted Videos and Photos on Android: Surely more than once you have accidentally deleted some video from your smartphone and at the time you have realized that this was not the video you wanted to delete. The same with photos, files and other.
How to Recover Deleted Photos and Videos on Android
Quiet, before throwing your hands to the head, do not worry, you can recover deleted photos or video from your Android or any other file. The most important thing is to stay calm and act quickly. And follow our steps, that too. (See also: Best Calendar Apps)
1. Disable Connections
Disable the WiFi connection and the data on your smartphone. The reason is synchronization. And when data is deleted (music, photos, videos …) they are not really deleted. In the memory, a mark is placed in front of the file that says that this space can be used for something else.
So until you overwrite something about this part of the device’s memory it is not permanently deleted. That is why it is important to act quickly. We are going to give you two options to recover your videos, photos or files deleted in Android: one for root users and one for non-root users.
2. Recover Deleted Photos and Videos on Android (or Any Other File) Without Root
- The first thing you should do is connect the mobile memory (internal or external) as a Mass Storage Device in the computer, that is, as if it were a USB memory to access the data that we have stored.
- Connect a USB cable to the computer and then to the device. If the file was in an external microSD memory that is not formatted as internal memory of the device you can also remove it from the phone and use a micro SD memory adapter to insert it into the computer.
- Now download and install Recuva (the free version, no need to buy it), which is a program to recover files. You can try another program, but Recuva is the most recommended for this type of action.
- When you run Recuva, the first thing to do is to select the types of files you want to recover: Images, Videos, Music, Documents, etc.
- Then choose the option to recover from a specific location and the letter in which is the memory of the phone from which you want to recover the files. Recuva searches the entire system. It takes several minutes depending on the size and occupation of the memory.
- Once the search is finished, Recuva returns all the files that have been deleted but has not been written in them, in their original quality.
- Important: When Recuva finishes finding the deleted files and you want to recover them, do it in the memory of the computer and not in the memory of the phone, since sometimes it can cause conflicts and damage the recovery. When recovering you always have to choose a different unit.
3. Recover Deleted Photos and Videos on Android (or Any Other File) if You Are Root
- Install the program, run it and register. You will see this screen:
- Connect your smartphone to your computer through a USB cable. You will have to have activated the debugging USB in your device so that the process functions. To do this you only have to go to Settings> About phone> and in ‘Compile number‘ press repeatedly until the option is activated.
- Back in Settings you will see Development Options, go down to Debug by USB and activate it. You will see a notification at the bottom of Dr. Fone’s screen saying that USB debugging is active.
- For devices with Android Lollipop, you must authorize your computer through the confirmation message that will appear on your phone.
- Once Dr. Fone has connected to your phone, you can select from several categories of deleted files. We focus on the photo files but as you can see in the image you have many more options.
- The next question that your computer asks is whether you want to scan the deleted files or all the files. If you want a quick recovery, select the option of deleted files. You will have to accept the RSA key by clicking on your smartphone on Accept always . The connection between the two devices is secure.
- Once this is done, Dr. Fone will analyze your phone and restart it. If you receive a message on your PC saying that your phone has connected again, ignore it; just let Dr. Fone do his job. You can grant all permissions to Dr. Fone without fear.
- Once Dr. Fone has finished the analysis of your phone you will receive the results on the screen where you can check the boxes of the files you want to recover, then click on recover and the files will be saved.
As you can see, it is quite easy to Recover Deleted Photos on Android if you act on time. It is best not to lose them in the future and have a backup of your photos.
4. Prevention, Your Best Weapon
If you want to avoid these scares in the future, you can make a backup copy of your photos. With Google Photos you can have unlimited capacity (as long as they are not very large) to save your photos and the backup function is very easy to configure. (See Also:Best Twitter Apps)
Once you have installed the application you just have to go to the configuration of the application and choose backup and synchronization, that way you can choose how often you want to make the backup. So you never lose an important video or photo again. For the files you can use Google Drive that has 15 GB free although there is a good alternative offer for cloud services where you save your data.–
Have you ever missed an important photo? Could you get it back? Tell us your anecdote in comments!